Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

HELLO? DO YOU REMEMBER ME?


Oh, wow. It's been a while since I have been able to visit my blog, and I know the tens of tens of faithful readers (yeah right) have been waiting with baited eagerness on my next entry. So, without further delay lets go!

I last left off with my sojourn into Church to celebrate Christmas with the fam, and a bit has happened since then. A week before Christmas I came down with pneumonia that sidelined me for a couple weeks, but now I am back, and better then ever. I, however, have had the opportunity to attend only one more session of class at the wrestling school,and for a beginner that's huge as you need every second of available instruction, as the clock is ticking.

It is Tuesday as I write this, and this past Sunday I went through the normal paces at class, and I am just as sore now as I was Sunday afternoon. We opened up class with going the obligatory flip bumps, back bumps and then jumped into wrestling. In my first match my novice status was magnified with the fact that I missed the last three classes, resulting in several blown spots. In one I was shot into the ropes, was supposed to duck a clothesline, hit the ropes again and take a clotheline, but I, of course, missed the duck part and took the clotheline off the bat. When that happens it throws the wrestler you are working with way off, because when you are wrestling you are telling a story with your body. So you might be in the middle of a sentence in your story, sort of speaking, and a blown spot is the equivilent of someone snatching the book and closing the cover, so you have to find your page again. Luckily, in my class, I for one am in the beginners learning course, so I guess I am stuck at the Dick And Jane stories, so finding the page isn't that hard to do. However in front of a paying crowd, it can be disasterous. The match ended with me getting frog splashed (Far and away the most popular finisher in the school)and "doing the job" for my opponent.

Oh, the fun I had with my second match! I was in a three man tag and I thought I was doing so well! Since I am relativley new at this my arsenal of moves doesn't have alot in it yet (ones I can do safely anyway) so I am doing my best with the basic headlocks, turnbuckle headshots, and for me, my high spot of holding onto my opponents arm as I climb to the first rope (Havn't graduated to second rope spots yet) and drop a furious forearm across the arm of my opponent. The match ended with all six of us in the ring kicking each others butts, and somehow one of my tag team partners got pinned with the traditional, yet effective, schoolboy. I wasn't paying much attention, as I was in the middle of being double teamed in the corner.

We ended class with a gauntlet match. That kind of match is when two wrestlers start off, when one loses, he leaves the ring and the winner stays. I was the third or fourth wrestler in, lasted about two minutes and got pinned cleanly, the result of me being given my first ever DDT on the top of my head. A DDT is scary, because if it is done wrong you can break, or get your neck broke, very easily. However, mine was done safely, and I was free to go home. However, on my way out the door Playboy Buddy Rose pulled me aside and paid me a great compliment by saying I did very well. To be honest with everyone, I don't know if he really meant it, or was trying to give me positive reinforcement. But either way, it was welcomed and appreciated, and I am looking forward to the next class.

Well, that aught to do it for now. Until next time my friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005/2009 The Making Of A Wrestling GOD. All Rights Reserved.