Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, April 24, 2006

Something interesting I thought I would share

I have been spending a lot of time at the BellaOnline wrestling message boards lately, and I thought I would let you all in on a story I wrote to illustrate a point I was trying to make.

First, it is a rather long story, so I think I will post it in sections over three day's. (One post per day.) Here is a little background to let you know what prompted it.

There was a thread that was discussing the disparity over what heels and faces are, and how they have changed over the years. I have this theory that in today's wrestling world there are no true heels or faces anymore, but rather shades of grays and "tweeners" that can go either way on any given night. For instance, John Cena is technically a face, he employs face attributes like he doesn't take cheap shots, he doesn't insult the fans, he doesn't "beg off" and things of that nature. However he is getting booed at every arena he goes to. The boos are "X-Pac boos", that is he is getting booed because it's the popular thing to do, and that is not a face reaction. Another example is Stone Cold Steve Austin. Austin broke the rules, flipped the bird, took cheap shots, and was, arguably, the biggest face of all time. That was not enough to convince someone of what I meant.

Someone wrote an answer to my theory, and it came across, totally unintentionally, that I didn't know the basics of heel/face 101. Now, if this person is reading this blog entry, I now know it wasn't intended, and there are no hard feelings. But this is a good story, I had fun writing it, and I think it shows my MASTERY of heel/face 101.

In the story TGO is me, and that is short for The Great One. I used Quiz as my opponent (Quiz is actually a fellow wrestler I wrestle with at wrestling school, I picked him because it was fun visualizing him in the different scenarios I was writing about, and because Quiz is a cool name.) So, Quiz, don't be mad because I am making you a STAR!

The story will start in the next post within a few minutes as I write this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005/2009 The Making Of A Wrestling GOD. All Rights Reserved.