Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, January 20, 2006

Self Doubt, And Other Musings

Ok, Ok, my body feels next to normal today. But in two days I head back up to Portland and hit the mat again for another bone shattering episode in wrestling school.

I don't know. Buddy Rose keeps telling me to keep working hard as there are some wrestling events coming up, but I am no where near being even close to in ring ready. I do have to admit that I am doing ok for the time I have put in, I know a lot of the basics as far as taking safe bumps, but my in ring repetoir of moves leaves a lot to be desired. The predominate themes is safety, and I do not attempt anything, no matter how simple it looks until I am walked through thoroughly. But, that will come in time, which leads me to my other dilemma.

PSYCHOLOGY. Other then safety in knowing how to work itself, psychology is the number one most important aspect of the art. Like I have explained in previous posts wrestling in the pro ranks amounts to you telling a story with your body. The subtle nuances, the little pauses, facial expressions, emphasises on that part of a move, the flowing with of others, it all melds into one seamless sentence in the chapter of the story you are telling. It is said that the likes of Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels could have a decent match with a broom because they are masters of their craft. That they could wrestle a very sub par wrestler and "carry" them to a decent match. I beg to differ, where I am at in my wrestling, I could make Superman stink up the joint. But I am working hard and I might have a cheerier outlook for my next post afterclass on Sunday. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005/2009 The Making Of A Wrestling GOD. All Rights Reserved.