Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, April 29, 2006

PERSONAL NEWS

I have been thinking about getting Lasik Eye Surgery for a long time now, yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and have it done!

First of all, I would like to personally thank Dr. Cornell and his fine staff at the Lasik Vision Center in Tigard, OR for taking extra good care of me. They answered all of my questions and really put me at ease with the procedure. You only have one set of eyes, so it is a little bit intimidating to let someone go lasering away on your eyeballs!

I had the PRK Lasik procedure because I had thinner then normal corneas. In the regular Lasik the Dr creates a very thin flap of your cornea and flips it up. With me though I didn't have enough cornea thickness to do it, so they used a different type of laser that goes through the cornea. It only took maybe five minutes per eye, most of which is spent getting the eyeball ready for the procedure, literally seconds of actual lasering. The worst part was the smell of singed hair, which is in all actuality the eye tissue being vaporised to reshape the surface of the eye. There was absolutely no pain what so ever. After the numbing drops wore off I did feel mild to moderate irritation, a slight stinging, but that was it. It was over all a piece of cake.

I have to wear sunglasses inside as well as outside for the next couple of days, but my eyes are doing great! I was born with a severe astigmatism, my vision was worse then 20/400, but I went in this morning for my follow up appointment and I have 20/20 in one eye, 20/15 in the other! I would not hesitate to recommend this procedure to anybody. If you are considering getting this done, give the folks at Lasik Plus a call. They offer financing, so cost shouldn't be a problem. Interest free for 18 months, that makes it affordable for almost everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005/2009 The Making Of A Wrestling GOD. All Rights Reserved.