Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Today's Wrestling Training Recap

Todays Wrestling Training Recap
Current mood: Sore and tired.
Category: Jobs, Work, Careers

OH MY GOSH DOES MY BUTT HURT!

And no, not because some ruffian wrestlers handed my ass to me on a silver platter. I took a bad bump and landed wrong on my tailbone.

I would say that's the breaks, but the thought gives me shivers. Who the hell needs a tailbone anyway? Worthless calcium suckers that they are.

Colonel had us start off class practicing the time honored tradition of the PROPER comeback, given the hot tag. Everyone took turns being all fired up and executing moves against others rushing in. It went on a rotation, and boy, do I need work on my comeback. First guy rushes is, armdrag. Good Second guy, hip toss, got that. Big boot to head, cool. Clotheline, JBL would be proud. Rut Ro, five or six people still have to rush you, and you don't want to repeat the same moves because REDUNDANCY is a no no and to be avoided when at all possible. So, my dumbazz get's ready for a bodyslam...then for some reason in mid move I changed my mind. Spinebuster. Here I was, commited to one move, changing it in mid execution. That does three things. One, it looks like total crap, secondly that's a good way to hurt yourself, thirdly, and most importantly, it makes the guy who is trusting you with his body kinda freak out. There you go, if you are in front of a paying crowd you just blew the story you were trying to tell in the ring into oblivion. Sorry Bud! I wasn't trying to freak you out!

I opened up the matches in a tag match in which me and me partner were heels. My partner is pretty new at this, so I started it off.

Let me veer off a second here. I need to explain the science in how to work a match so you know what I am talking about. There are actually a few way's to unfold a match, but this is the most common, simple and time honored one. Me and my partner are heels. One guy (me in this case) start the match off, and I need to establish myself as a heel right away so the crowd can follow along easier. Usually you would lock up, but I, for some Gawd awful reason, decided to rake an eyeball. Colonel stopped the match, and non chalantly said "Why did you do that?" I knew right when I did it I was wrong. You save the eyeballs and nut busters and every other illegal move for later. A good heel starts wrestling ligit, then when he see's he is getting his butt kicked, he employs cheating. But I digress.
So we started off again, this time we lock up and I push him to a corner, then hit on the break, make the ref count to 4 and 9/10's before I back off. THAT'S how you start showing the crowd you are a heel. Anyway, I start getting my butt kicked for the next couple of minutes, the psychology is the face looks good in beating on the dasterdly heel, only for me to finally rake his eyeball and run over to tag my partner, which I did. He comes in, executes a couple moves, but the face MOUNTS A COMEBACK and get's back on the offense. More beating of heels ensues, then my job is/was to, you guess it, cheat to win, which I did in this case by distracting the ref, my partner hit's a low blow and tags me in. I rush in, face is fired up and does a few high spots, but then I sneak in a schoolboy, holding the trunks and steal the victory. That's basically how that match went, and also a good lesson for you all in how a match unfolds.

My second match was ok, but I have wrestled better. I was just a little slow in executing moves. Case in point, I was to be going over in the match, and the finish was a shot into the ropes, and for me to deliver the clothesline from hell. So I shoot him in, I run for the other ropes to build up momentum, but didn't do it fast enough as by the time I came off the rope my opponent was already off his and right next to me. So I do the clothesline, then have to drag his happy ass away from the rope so I could pin him. Looked like crap, that finish did.

Third match was a squashee, my favorite as long as I am doing the squashing. By this point I was tired, knee and tailbone were on fire, and I was so blown up I was seriously thinking of hyperventilating. This I blame on the three bouts of pneumonia and blood clot/pulmonary embolism I recently went bouts with.

But, that was it, my day of training in a nutshell. Buddy asked me if I was coming back next week (he always does, thinking the guy misses me). I told him yeah, he still owes me $10.00!

~Chris

4:52 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

From My site on MySpace/chrishawkisgreat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005/2009 The Making Of A Wrestling GOD. All Rights Reserved.