Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, March 06, 2006

Class Update 03-05-06


This week at school I could really tell the time off didn't do me any good. I guess the first thing that struck me was what little wind I had. This pneumonia really threw my lungs for a loop, after just one minute I felt like I was running the Boston Marathon. My lungs were literally on fire, and afterwards my body was telling me I am still in pretty rough shape, more on that later. I could only wrestle for two minutes at a time, after that I was so spent it was effecting my concentration to the point that I couldn't remember anything. For instance I was working with Chris Payne in a match. We were in a corner and he called a spot where he was going to whip me to the opposite post, and he was going to follow me in with a shoulder to the mid section. I was supposed to get out of the way and roll him up with a schoolboy for the pin. He whipped me in, and when I hit the turnbuckles I felt a searing pain in the right side of my back, down deep in my lungish area...
He came charging in and I didn't get out of the way, I basically fell out of the way, but not all that fast and we brushed each other pretty good. I was on the mat and I reached up to grab him by the waist and pull him over in the schoolboy, but I didn't have the strength for a second to do it. I mean it, my body went to jelly. Finally he took it upon himself to fall back, and I effected the move for the win. But that was it, I was done physically for a little while, so I took a couple of matches off and watched. I was involved in a tag match at the beginning of class, and I wasn't doing so good. The timing wasn't there, there was no pop to my moves, and it started to effect everyone else involved in the match because they had to slow down so I could keep up, and that threw them off. I couldn't blame anyone for not wanting to wrestle me yesterday. I even screwed up the very basic headlock takeover. Colonel DeBeers went over it again with me, and that was embarrassing because that is as basic as you can get. Other then reff' ing a match or two I was done for the day except for the traditional class ending battle royal, this time with a round robin format. I pinned Nate the Great in thirty seconds (he wanted out of there, or away from my lackluster wrestling, I haven't decided which yet). I then wrestled Collin, and he submitted me, that was class.

However....

As I said earlier that my lungs took a beating, I am mildly concerned because I have the early symptoms of pneumonia again. Shortness of breath. Sharp pain when I expand my lungs too far. I felt these sensations on the drive home from Portland, so I called my sister, who works at a hospital, and I asked her what she thought of the matter. It seems funny my lungs felt fine until I worked them out, did this trigger some pneumonia that was lying dormant to raise it's ugly head? She seems to be of the opinion that the pneumonia may be gone, but where there was pneumonia a couple of weeks ago, the lungs are still very injured, and all I might have done was irritate the spots that are obviously not healed. I guess I am now in wait and see mode, the pneumonia better not be back, if it is, then I feel that there is something way wrong other then pneumonia, something that might derail my wrestling career before it gets off the ground. Please cross your fingers. Well, I am dozing off at the keyboard here, so I figure on closing this out. However I have another post about a wrestler I met this weekend, Cameron Star. Tomorrow I'll introduce you all to Mr Star, trust me, he is a character that you want to meet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005/2009 The Making Of A Wrestling GOD. All Rights Reserved.