Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, March 17, 2006

Dying To Be In The Main Event

This is what happened to me.

About three weeks ago I noticed that I had a funny feeling in my right knee. Since I went to wrestling the day before, I just thought I tweaked it a little bit. Over the next several days I tried putting a brace on my knee, which did alleviate the pain, but you can only wear them for so long. When I took the brace off I noticed the pain came back, but this time all over my leg. So I went to wrestling again the next weekend and due to the fact that I wrap my leg before I wrestle I didn't notice anything until later after I unwrapped it, the pain was from my ankle to my upper thigh and it hurt with every beat of my heart. So, instead of going to the hospital I just thought I needed to take it easy a bit, but then the wind in my lungs started to go and I knew something was wrong. Literally overnight I couldn't walk anything faster then a shuffle without my heart beating out of my chest and a strong feeling to just pass out. STILL I didn't go to the doctor. My friends, my family, even the most important person in my life, my girl friend couldn't get me to go. But last Sunday I couldn't take it anymore so I went into the emergency room and I ended up staying for a couple day's. I don't know how, I don't know why but somehow I developed blood clots in my right leg that ended up breaking up and going to my lungs. Those are known as pulmonary embolisms, and they can be deadly. In fact, I was told by the doctors that I could have, and still might die if any of them decided to go to my heart and brain.

To make this long story short, if there is not a specific reason why this happened I am expected to make a full recovery. At this point I am injecting myself twice daily with a medicine called Lovenox, and I am taking Warfarin, generic for Coumadin, rat poison none the less, and I will be on that for the next six months. If it is discovered that I am genetically predisposed to blood clots now, I can be on it for the rest of my life, but let's hope not. The doctors forbade me to wrestle for two months while this blood clot dissolves, if I wrestle now there stands a chance a chunk breaks loose and heads to other parts of my body where death would be the nasty result.

My girlfriend is just sure that wrestling is the culprit behind this health issue, in my next post I will share an email I got from her, it is quite colorful. I will still introduce you to Cameron Star, and there is a ton of other wrestling things to cover while I convalesce here. But I already can't wait til I get back to the wrestling ring.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've already talked with you about this but I want to reiterate. This sucks. The good news is it can always be worse and you're still being asked to come back and wrestle. I know all this happening at once sucks now but at least it's before you've made a name for yourself in the indies and have dates lined up and have to cancel them and upset your fans. Here's hoping you return to the ring very soon.

Fri Mar 17, 11:44:00 PM PST  
Blogger Russ said...

Is this a chronic condition? If so, you might want to hang up the boots, unless you think dying is a cool idea. You're not as indestructible as you think.

Mon Mar 20, 05:20:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005/2009 The Making Of A Wrestling GOD. All Rights Reserved.