Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Monday, July 03, 2006

Manic Mondays, Sudden Realiziations and Piss Poor Excuses
Current mood: confused

I work hard. All week long I bust my ass with my "day job". Weekends are devoted to the girlie, and wrestling, followed by the ever present manic monday that kicks the whole cycle off again. All that has as much to do with nothing, but it is who I am. There you go, a bit of whimsy for you guys, like you really give a flying f*ck.

I like Mondays, personally. It is, to me, proof that life has a system, a set of rules it must follow as it marches into that good night.. Again, another set of rules, night follows day, sun say's good-bye to the moon until morning when they make reaquaintence.

Ok, that's all the sappy I feel like getting. If I go sap, you go slap, and knock me back to reality, if you would.

Rules are made to be broken, to hell with the above paragraph. I live my life by the rules and so far it has gotten me by. But I don't want to just get by anymore. Why is it that a person does what they have to do to get by, but they don't do what they got to do to get ahead? Well, some people do, but I don't know them. I wish I did, I would gladly grab onto their coattails and ride them straight to the top. But, alas, like I said I don't know those people, so I guess I have to become one and ride my own damn coattails. And conformity isn't my forte', it should be a hell of a transition.

I want to be a wrestler. Now it's time to put the work in. I bet one thing the average fan doesn't know just how lonely a life it is. I am in the bare bones beginning of this wrestling dream of mine, and I have found out that wrestling isn't what it seems. My girlie hates it that I am doing it, she comes between me and mat time on a regular occasion. My friends, most of which hate pro wrestling, think I am crazy for putting myself through this. And the friends of mine who are huge wrestling fans think I have a snow balls chance in hell of succeeding. So I am doing this all alone. I have been accused of losing the sight of the goal, and I am fighting like hell not to do so with this. My goal is to wrestle. That's it. Not in WWE. Not in TNA. Just wrestle.

So, the excuses are gone. It's show time. If the girlie loves me, she will indulge me. If my friends care about me they'll cheer me all the way to Portland (The wrestling school) and beyond. And if I make it? Life in hotel rooms. Any degree of success dictates life on the road. Kind of an oxy-moron of a situation, really. Surrounded by fans. Hounded by the masses when I go anywhere in public. Yet all alone. No one to get close to you. No one to interact with you.

But realistically. Some small measure of success is what I expect. Maybe a short career, working the bingo halls and VFW Posts of my immediate vicinity. And I am willing to work long, hard and with veracity to make sure it happens.

But I realized my strength does not lie in promoting. Sorry Sinn! I think our little petition never got off the ground. Thanks to Char for indulging me and posting the petition. But it's time to put that baby to bed. So I won't be working for Sinn and his own Fed anytime soon. I just have to work a bit harder is all. To everyone who saw the petition and just blew it off, kiss my ass! I'll see you in the wrestling ring as I am looking out to the crowd, and think YOU paid to get in the door, and I am being paid for going through the same door, you schmucks!

The truck is broke, that's my ride to Portland. I'll either get it fixed, or start walking early. If I leave by Wednesday I should make it in time for class. That excuse is busted.

The girlie hates that I am wrestling and not with her. So I'll take her with me, then she can't say I don't spend enough time with her. That excuse is busted.

My friends are laughing at me and my dream. I won't spend any of the money I earn while wrestling at the local suds factory (beer). There, that excuse is busted.


This post is not making much sense. I better close this out now before you all figure out that I have issues. I promise the next post will be more entertaining, make more sense, and have a, well, purpose. Something this one clearly doesn't have.

Eddie. I'll write about Eddie Guerrero. It is about time I bring him into this.

Later Gators.

Currently listening:
Seasons in the Abyss
By Slayer
Release date: By 12 March, 2002

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a great post.

Tue Jul 04, 01:56:00 PM PDT  
Blogger GreatOne said...

Thanks Dean. I lost my focus while I was writing it, found that I was rambling, but posted it anyway. It worked!

Happy 4th to you.

Tue Jul 04, 03:45:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005/2009 The Making Of A Wrestling GOD. All Rights Reserved.