Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Reminiscing and other whistful Endeavors

Reminiscing and other whistful Endeavors
Current mood: thoughtful

"You know, there was always something special about Eddie Guerrero. And face it, three months to the one year anniversary of his death and his legend continues to grow! Everyone talks of this intangible "it factor", yet no one has ever explained quite what it is. It's an abstract idea at best. But in regards to Eddie, he had "it". Whatever IT is.

His mission on this earth was a short one, to be sure, he was sent from God to show people the way to conquer your demons and rise from the ashes. And it is possible because he did it!

Some interesting facts:

1 He lived for years abusing his body, mind and soul. He should have died at least three times, and he lived to clean himself up and surpass even his wildest dreams. Yet, four years after becoming sober and living a very healthy lifestyle he dies. He was in peak condition. I don't buy the whole his body gave out after all those years of abuse theory. What happened was his work was done and the Lord called him home. We will all see him again someday, I know this to be fact!

2 The whole last straw of his addiction where he lost his job came to a head in Minneapolis, MN. He was so wasted that his wife Vickie put his ass on a plane, he had to be wheeled to his flight in a wheelchair. Upon his arrival in Minneapolis Jim Ross finally saw the kind of shape he was in and immediatly sent him to rehab, for which he relapsed and eventually lost his job. Is it just coincidence that Eddie passed away in a hotel room in Minneapolis?

3 When Eddie wrestled Brock Lesnar at No Way Out for the WWE World Championship Brock can be heard yelling several times "Die Eddie! Just Die!" Brock hails from Minneapolis.

4 In the documentary "Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story", longtime friend Dean Malenko makes the statement that he, Chris Benoit and Perry Saturn agonized over going to WWE management and asking for help because Eddie was in bad shape. He said, in part "...part of me wanted the office to see Eddie. I didn't want to protect him anymore. But if we didn't do something I knew we would find Eddie dead in his hotel room..." That's how they found him.

Anyway, I just felt the compulsion to share this with you. Have a wonderful day!

~Chris"

I left the above mentioned text on someones blog comment section.

I don't know why, but Eddie Guerrero has been on my mind a lot lately. For several nights in a row I have found myself watching "Cheating death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story". I mean really watching it. Not just listening to the words and perusing the pictures on the screen, but literally taking it in, breathing in every ounce of what was Eddie. In watching his matches I study the little things he did, the facial expressions, the way he carried himself during the different stages of the match. How he could control the crowd and make them laugh or cry or love or hate him.

And a part of me feels really guilty. I really appreciated Eddie when he was alive, but something about his death stirred something in me to follow my dream!! Eddie Guerrero really lit a fire under my ass to be the best I can be. But it's harder then I ever realized. I can never be my best, I know this. But I can always try. I feel guilty because it took the death of Eddie to finally get me to say F*CK IT! I am going to see what I can do with my dream! And I take his words to heart. He said something to the effect of he wished his life could inspire at least one person. He was talking about others learning from his mistakes, from his life long battle with the disease of alcohol and drug addiction. Fortunatley I don't have that monkey on my back, but I can apply this to other aspects of my life.

I love Eddie Guerrero. And if he was still alive I would have loved for him to see he inspired me to go for the gold. But, I know he is in a way better place, and I KNOW that he can see me.

And my heart aches for his wife and three daughters. For his Mother who was forced to bury her son! That must be so hard, it goes against the natural order of things. Chavo, Hector, Mando Linda and Cuqui. Chavito. His close friends, Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko. All the boy's in the locker room! Vince, Linda, Stepahnie and Shane, they all lost an amazing individual who made their lives shine just that much brighter for having known him.

I know people who are not and have never been wrestling fans. Still they can tell you who Eddie Guerrero was! That is a true measure of greatness, Eddie transcended the wrestling world and brought his name and message to the masses.

I was watching Eddies match that he had at "When Worlds Collide" PPV when he teamed with Art Barr in the infamous Hair vs Masks match with El Hijo Del Santo and Octogan. It hit me hard that Both Eddie and Art are now gone. The girlie I speak of on many a blog entry used to pal around with Art when they were kids! Sandy Barr, Arts father, was a regular on the flea market circuit as was the girlies grandparents. In watching that match both Eddie and Art were so full of life, so strong. A long decade later and both Eddie and and Art belong to the ages, their matches playing in your memory.

But Eddies not dead. To me he is just as alive as he was that night he and Art tore the house down at "When Worlds Collide". Because I choose to keep his memory alive in my own way, by being the best I can be and chasing my dream! I don't know how far I'll make it. Or if I even will MAKE it. But I can be the best that I can be, and I think Eddie would have appreciated that. No, It's not how Eddie died that got me to moving on this dream, it's how he lived, and how he really did live! Eddie, I love you, and I miss you. Tell Art hello from the girlie for me, and I'll continue to do my best to make you proud. You do, and always will live in my heart.

~Finis

Currently listening :
The Definitve Collection: Time in a Bottle
By Jim Croce
Release date: By 12 March, 2002

10:13 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005/2009 The Making Of A Wrestling GOD. All Rights Reserved.