Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, August 07, 2006

8/6 Wrestling Training Recap, and Dick Say's No!

Current mood: sore
Category: Jobs, Work, Careers

I need a car. Right now I am driving the truck, and it has served me well, but it's an older truck (Actually, I like older trucks, they made them to last back then!). The only knock against it is that it likes to go through the gasoline. And we all know the recent strain it's been putting on our pocketbooks, that damn gas pump, so I reluctently talked myself into getting a more economical ride.

That's where Dick comes in, from the storied "Dick Hannah Say's Yes!" auto dealership. Oh, Dick does say yes, to HIS terms only, the prick!

I live in Albany, Oregon, Dick Hannah's dealership is in Vancouver Washington. That's 80 miles each way. But since I go to Portland, just across the river from Vancouver, for wrestling, I thought what the hell.

The extra 20 miles last Sunday was a total waste of my time.

You all know it is my goal to become the second best wrestler to never make the bigtime. An admirable goal if ever there was one, but I have a way's to go yet. Right now I am about the 97th best wrestler to never make the big time, but moving up the ranks fast. Unfortunatley being even the second best doesn't pay a whole lot, so I have to have a day job, which is I am a Home Care Provider. And, unfortunatley, that doesn't pay a whole lot either. But, in place of a bigger paycheck I get the satisfaction of providing someone a better life for me being there.

So, herein lies the problem.

I need a car, a reliable car and one that allows me to do what I do in travelling for wrestling, but one that doesn't break my bank. So I have to do what most of the world does and live in a budget.

So I was working with a real nice saleslady named Tatiana, but I fall in a funny situation. I have a budget of what I want to spend for a car payment every month, and they want to sell me a more expensive car. It boils down to this, I can sign a paper and walk out right now with a brand new car, I don't even have to have any money down to do this. But I have a larger payment. But if I want a smaller payment I need a good used car, but the bank won't finance it unless I come up with a big downpayment. It has something to do with the life expectancy of the car, that I might stop paying on my loan if the car turns to junk before the life of the loan is paid off. Go figure. Basically they wanted me to spend the same amount on a car payment that I had budgeted out for a car payment AND insurance.

Needless to say I ended negotiations and decided to go elsewhere. I may be dumb, but I ain't stupid.

Now I need to explore the car pool option. IF THERE IS ANYONE IN THE ALBANY, CORVALLIS, EUGENE OR SPRINGFIELD OREGON AREA AND YOU WANT TO BECOME A PRO WRESTLER, I HAVE PERMISSION FROM BUDDY ROSE AND COLONEL DEBEERS TO RECRUIT ONE PERSON. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY. DROP ME AN EMAIL AND WE CAN TALK. But we will be sharing a ride and gas, that's the price, HA!

Ok, now for the wrestling training recap.

I wrestled twice. Basically we used to start training at ten am, and finished up around 1:30/2 in the pm. but for the last couple of months we start at nine and finish at noon to beat the heat. So it cut's down on our training time. Where I would wrestle four times, now I am down to 2, but that's ok, it will pick up after it cools down a bit.

In my first match I wrestled Elvis. Those of you who have read the previous wrestling training recap will remember my mentioning him, so I won't go into it again, but if you missed it, go back in the archives and see. Elvis is actually doing quite well. He has only been at it for about a month, and has a long way to go, but he's picking it up. In wrestling someone who is limited in their ability it really shows you where your game needs work. For instance I learned the huge difference between being a leader, and being a follower. Since I am reletively young in my career, usually I am in there with someone who has more experience, therefore they called the match. The person calling the match is the person who controls a lot of the psychology, so in a sense the one calling it is working a little harder. I don't have to call the spots, slow the action down or speed it up in correlation to the story being told, I just have to wrestle and can concentrate on trying to make the callers job a little easier. But, for once, I was the one calling the match, and it's a lot harder then it looks. Basically it was a monkeys match, very few high spots, in fact it was a match of low spots, but it went ok. Elvis needs to stop being so timid, he performs the move in slow motion, like he is hesitant, and that screws up the timing. But, I was, and still am a lot like that myself I suppose, wrestling full speed for me is slower for a vet, and the same goes for Elvis when he was wrestling me. Overall I think I learned a lot from that match.

Second match I wrestled someone I don't remember his name, he was a newbie too. he is a little more athleticically gifted then me, so he seems to pick up the moves pretty quick. He needs to learn the psycholgy, which is where I am at too, but I think he might surpass me. Good looking kid who I like to work with!

That's it. Remember, if you live in the neighborhood and want to be trained as a professional wrestler by some of the best the old school has to offer, Colonel DeBeers and Playboy Buddy Rose, get in contact with me. Other then that, have a good week everyone, and I'll be back with more on my wrestling journey when I have something to write about!

~Chris

Currently listening :
Stadium Arcadium
By Red Hot Chili Peppers
Release date: By 09 May, 2006

10:48 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005/2009 The Making Of A Wrestling GOD. All Rights Reserved.