Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Bulking up, then Cutting back down


Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Bulking up, then Cutting back down
Current mood: determined
Category: Goals, Plans, Hopes

Hello all!

Ok, so you all know that becoming a pro wrestler is much more then learning the moves, right? And I am not talking "learning the psychology" either, even though that is even more important then learning the moves itself. What I mean is turning my fat ass into a muscular fighting machine. Face it, except for a few notable exceptions like Mick Foley, Big Vis, Rikishi, Samoa Joe and the like, not having a decent body and being a pro wrestler is an oxymoron.

I am constrained in a few areas, such as I am not tall by wrestling standards, 5'10 in my wrestling boots. In today's wrestling rings you need decent height or one hell of a hook, like a good body. This is how I stack up. I am big. I am not going to be a high flier, I am not built for that. To do so would shorten my wrestling career and open up others I am working with to a bigger chance of getting hurt. I am built a lot like Tazz is/was. With that being said, I need to find my own identity, so I can not pattern my style after his or anyone else's. So we have come to the conclusion that I am not tall, and I am rather stocky. Always have been, so what to do, what to do?

Well, I think I have come up with a conclusion. You WILL NOT ever see me wrestling shirtless. If I was to somehow get my bodyfat to ridiculously low levels I STILL would never be mistaken with a Hollywood Hard Body. That's just not in my cards. What I DO have going for me is I gain muscle mass ridiculously easy. Unfortunately that also lends itself to gaining fat mass on a slightly higher ease scale as well. What I need to do is find the happy median and gain as much muscle mass as possible whilst cutting my fat stores to as low a level as possible. Couple that with a creative wardrobe ensemble and I think I can fit right in.

So, this is what I want to do...

I plan on taking stock in where I stand, physically. At the turn of this year I was hit by THREE bouts of severe pneumonia that saw me in the hospital for several days on two separate occasions. I was out of action for over two months while I was recuperating, then when I came back (Too early and against the doctors orders) I suffered a deep venous thrombosis that turned into one hell of a bloodclot in my leg. So, suffice it to say it was back to the hospital for yet another stay, as they can be dangerous. In fact, part of the blood clot broke free from my leg and traveled to my lung, which is called a pulmonary embolism, and those can be fatal. I was put on Coumadin, a blood thinner, a medication I take to this very day. One good thing I found out is that I am prone to those deep venous thrombosis-majobbers, so as long as I wrestle I have to be on the rat poison, but my Dr assured me it is safe to wrestle provided I get regular check ups and take adequate precautions, which I have done. I feel good not that I am prone to those things, but I found out I am susceptible, no major damage was done, so now I know what to look for and how to protect myself. But since my training was curtailed I lost most of the progress I made at the gym. The picture you see on my profile was actually taken before I got sick, so since then I chubbed it up a bit. The good news? I was about as chubbed before I hit the gym as I am now, and got into that shape very quickly, and I have no doubt I can do it, and better, again. Actually I was still in the infant stage of bulking up, I wasn't even close to peaking!

So I am going to hit the gym again. I am going to lift for a month, nothing major or too heavy as I am just trying to acclimate my body for the real torture that is yet to come. After that first month I am going to take neck, bicep, waist, thigh and calf measurements, calculate my BMI and then go on the killer of killers three month bulk building cycle. Now, since I am trying to pack on as much muscle mass as possible it is going to look like I am chubbing up even more, and to an extent I am. But it is a proven fact to gain muscle you have to eat ridiculous amounts of calories, as much as 4 or 5 THOUSAND calories a day. You mere mortals are supposed to eat around 1200 to 1800 calories. But, like I said, it is physically impossible to built muscle mass in a calorie deficit, dieting, you need to be in a surplus, and the trick is to put on a ton of weight in muscle, and hopefully not too much fat. You will ad fat of course, but if you manipulate things like carbs and proteins and fats, the chub is minimized. And, if you didn't know, the more muscle one has on their body the more fat you burn as your metabolism is constantly on fire.

After the Mass cycle will follow a two month cutting cycle, for which and upon completion the before mentioned bodyparts and BMI will be retaken. I will then take a month off, and start over again until I get to where I want to be, a genetic freak of nature!

And thus my ticket to superstardom, my "HOOK".

My question to you guys is, and this is in keeping with the interactive part of US making it to the top of the wrestling world together, does any of you have any bodybuilding experience? I am not an expert in the field, so any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Please comment back on what you think, any support and well wishes and POINTERS, if you got em.

Take care, and I'll be thinking of you all when my muscles are screaming from the lactic acid buildup when I am pumping the iron!

Currently watching :
Jay Cutler - Ripped to Shreds
Release date: By 31 May, 2005

1:39 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005/2009 The Making Of A Wrestling GOD. All Rights Reserved.