Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

9/24 Wrestling Training Recap/Catch All Blog

Monday, September 25, 2006

9/24 Wrestling Training Recap/Catch All Blog
Current mood: sore
Category: Jobs, Work, Careers

This wrestling training recap is going to be a little different as I am going to deviate from the schedule and include some subjects off topic.

Here is the itinerary:

9/24 Wrestling Training Recap

A very special shout out and thank you to someone who actually is making a difference!

My thoughts on Kurt Angles release from WWE and subsequent signing with TNA

Finally, where do we go from here?

So, without further adiu: Here we go!

First of all, I need to find a good way to segue two of the above topics as they are quite related. However, since I am tired, have a case of a bad chest cold/body aches from wrestling, I am not going to change the chapters listed above in the itinerary. So, just pay attention and we aught to do fine.

The Thank you as it pertains to the recap:

I am not going to name you here. I won't because I don't need to drop any names, and I don't need the accusation that I am using you, my VERY SMALL association with you, or anything else to give myself any credability. With some things going on in your life right now of GIGANTIC proportions, and with the little bit of drama with the J.W. controversy and such, you don't need another outlet for crazy nut jobs to throw any more monkey wrenches into your already hectic life. But, you know who you are, and from the deepest recess of my heart I extend to you a most genuine THANK YOU!

Ok, for those of you who are reading this and thinking TGO lost his freaking mind and is not making any sense, I recently ran across someone who is, let's just say "known" in the wrestling industry. For some unknown reason he has taken somewhat of a liking to me and has offered me some of the best advise/motivational talkings to that anyone has ever done for me. As a result I hit the mat with a new attitude and a bigger, more clearer dream, and it showed! This past Sunday I had the BEST session of school I think I ever had, and that resulted in both Colonel DeBeers and Buddy Rose to offer mucho complimentos!

We started off doing drills, where, for instance me and a partner would lock up, one take a headlock, the headlockee would shoot the headlocker off the ropes, headlockee take a shoulder tackle, bump, dropdown twice, get up, duck a clothesline and then headlocker give headlockee (Who actually were not engaged in a headlock for quite some time, just trying to make a picture stick in your head) a flying cross body press. Oh, then "Get it again", which means, of course, a complete repeat of the above listed events. May I ask you if that sounded confusing? Well, you have the benefit of reading it and able to think about it. Now picture trying to perform it, make it look good, have the timing down (which is way harder then you think) all while under the scrutinization of the Colonel and Buddy Rose who have 60 plus years collective experience. Yep, welcome to my world, people!

And I performed it ALMOST perfectly.

Colonel DeBeers pulled me aside, said that he loves my bumps! No, I mean he really emphasised that! He told me where I didn't do anything wrong, it all looked good, but he suggested that I don't give three awsomely looking elbows to the gut of my opponent THEN back him to the ropes for the shoot off, but how about giving one elbow, start backing him, as we are moving to the ropes give him another elbow, then, just as we reach the ropes give him another elbow, and then shoot him off. That way it looks even better. Or, that I give a couple elbow shots and shoot him without backing to the ropes. His point being that EVERYTHING you do has a meaning. It is little things like that that is the difference of doing something good, and doing something great. My execution, other then a few minor things like that was quite good!

First match up: Three way Tag match between High Times, Brandon and Myself vs Noah, Elvis and Chris Payne.

This was a pretty fast paced match with decent psychology, quick tags and the finish was ok. Those of you who read last weekends WTR will remember my synopsis of how three and four way tags are hard to pull off, so I won't go into it here. But, as you may know, too much happens to fast for me to report every nuance of what went down, so here is the finish. I was working over Elvis in the corner (Oh, they were faces, my team was heels so our team spent most of the match in control) when he somehow got a move in enough to distract me so he could make the tag to Noah. Noah comes in, all fired up, for which case I beg off for a second, then land a dastardly poke in the eyes. Just when you think I am in control, Noah punches me in the gut off a headlock, shoots me in the ropes, I duck a clotheline, and he followed me into the ropes, pulling me down for a roll up and the quick pin. No dashing highspot to finish the match, you may be thinking? Nope, in keeping with the psychology that we set up for the whole match, the faces defeated us heels fair and square in the middle of the ring with a simple, basic wrestling move.

My second match was with someone I have never seen, didn't catch his name, but had obvious experience. This was more a match between "tweeners" and the psychology reflected that. We started off chain wrestling, emphasising (Spell?) speed, something of which I need a little more work in. But it went well, the finish was, and in keeping with my having worked over his neck for the match when he wasn't working over mine, I slapped on a twist of fate type of manuever and scored the pin.

Ok, the third match, and my main event, involved a singles match between me and my ARCH NEMESIS THRASH! Like I have said in every posting I ever mention him in, Thrash is my favorite opponent because our styles really compliment each other. Thrash is a gifted worker and has carried me more then once to a decent match. But I think I am catching up and he doesn't have to carry me as much!

Last week, you may remember, Thrash defeated me with a gore in the middle of the ring, 1-2-3. Before we locked errr up this time I gave in impromptu promo saying how I was back for revenge, and that this time TGO was going to whoop his non mohawk having (anymore, he shaved it off!) ass!

Oh, Thrash pinned me. Again! ARRRRRGGGHHHH!

Actually it wasn't as good a match as last weeks was. But after me putting the beatdown on his candy ass for about five straight minutes, and it looking like I was indeed going to do what I said I was gonna do, I got overzealous and shot him into the ringpost. Well, that's what I attempted, he reversed it, sending me in facefirst, and rolling me up with a schoolboy. Man, I felt like such a gimzer!

Afterwards Colonel again pulled me aside and gave me a talking to. You see, for a while I slacked off on my training. I let life get in the way of my dream, and for several weeks in a row I didn't even go. When I was there I approached it as I am just there as a fan, and this is the ultimate in fan participation, so anything I do that looks even close to wrestling is a gift to myself. But, after getting talked to by the person I addressed earlier who gave me hope and a new purpose, I actually tried my best and it showed! Colonel said he saw a big difference in my wrestling, and he said I look very good in there. He said I don't have that "lost" look I was so fond of sporting for awhile, and while he understood it may not be possible to be there every weekend, if I made more classes, I could actually do quite well. Colonel DeBeers doesn't pass compliments of that nature out much, and for him to do so meant the world to me!

So this get's back to my initial thank you to you know who. Since he came into my wrestling life I picked up my game, got worlds of compliments by the best the old school has to offer in Buddy Rose and Colonel DeBeers, got submitted for and recieved a call back from a genuine casting director out of LA for a show WWE and USA Network is putting together! If I can only believe in myself half as much as you guys who support me, and my special friend does, then there is no doubt I WILL go far!

Alrighty then. Kurt Angle.

Kurt was released from WWE after he served a small suspension for being in possession of narcotic pain killers that did not belong to him. He has admitted that he has been taking pain medicine, his body is in shambles and that at this pace he was going to either work himself into an early grave, or into a wheelchair. So Kurt was released, and subsequently signed with TNA. Anyone see a problem here?

I don't.

First of all, I do not know the whole story, and neither do you. We wrestling fans only know what was released in statements and what Kurt has said to his fans. While on the top I have to admit it looks a bit shady on Kurts part, but for me to pass judgement on what amounts to hypothesis and conjecture is not only very wrong, but could be a great disservice to both Kurt and WWE. On Kurts side he signed a deal that could still give him a very good income, but reduce his workload down from some 150 matches a year to around 25. He can do this by only working PPV's and an occasional TV taping, but skipping all the house shows. This reduced schedule COULD offer Kurt the time to get his body back in line, himself off painkillers and a better chance to get his personal life back in line. Who am I to say it was a wrong move? And as far as WWE is concerned, do you think they would advertise that Kurt was definitly going to TNA? First of all when a wrestler is released they are almost 100% of the time bound to a no compete clause that is effective typically for 90 day's, for which WWE still pay's the wrestlers base salary. Kurt signed with TNA almost immediatly, which brings into question the fact that WWE must have known that Kurt signing with TNA was a possibility. So why didn't they bind him to the no compete? See? That's what I mean about us not knowing the whole story.

It is important that you understand that these are my opinions only and I do not have access to inside information, and even if I did, I would not repeat it here. Or anywhere for that matter.

Well, that should do it. Thanks for reading, and I'll get back to you as my situation with the show, my training or anything else pertinent dictates!

Currently watching :
The Rocky Horror Picture Show (25th Anniversary Edition)
Release date: By 03 October, 2000

9:08 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005/2009 The Making Of A Wrestling GOD. All Rights Reserved.