Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, October 02, 2006

Monday, October 02, 2006

10/1 Wrestling Training Recap and I BEAT THRASH!
Current mood: indescribable

Last week I reported to you all that I had the best weekend up at Buddy and Colonels school that I ever had. I venture to say that this weekend surpassed even last week! And not just because I FINALLY ended up on the winning side of things in regards to Thrash, but because my psychology has really started to come along. Any numb nut can learn the wrestling moves, but if you can't tell a story, then you are in the wrong business. Someone said that, and I believe them! (Right, Colonel?) HA!


Ok, first a little background on the day. I woke up actually on time this morning, 6:30, and I just didn't feel right. Have any of you felt just blah? You can't put your finger on it, but everything just seems off. You're tired, but your not. Your head doesn't hurt, but it has a headache sitting off to the side waiting for the opportune time to strike. Your body feels weak, a deep breath feels like arctic wind carousing around in there. But, at least in that stage of the day, it was all very mild. Three cups of coffee, a bearclaw and and hour north drive to Portland later and my symptoms kicked it up a notch. By the time I grabbed my bag and headed into the gym I fully expected to have a sub par day. But this is where you just won't understand what wrestling does to a person unless you have stepped between the ropes: when it's showtime you feel like you could move the world. And in my case, today, I did.


I only wrestled in two matches today, the first in a tag match that mid way through turned into a three man (Well, five guy's and a girl) tag, and finished up a handycap match. Confused? So am I, but here is what I remember. It was Malachi and myself as heels vs Collin and Elvis. Then it was Malachi , myself AND Bud Barbers Girlfriend (For the sake of my slow typing, henceforth referred to as BBGF) vs Collin, Elvis and Bud Barber. Then it finished up as Malachi, Myself and BBGF vs just Collin and Elvis again, I don't know what happened to Bud. One minute I was kicking his ass in the ring, then I tagged out to BBGF, Bud tagged out to Elvis and Bud? He just kinda disapeared. I wish I could remember what happened to him, but like I said, I wasn't feeling that good!


Basically the match could have been better. There were some points of sheer genius (not on my behalf, but on my teammates and opponents, with just enough of me to round it off). And there were some moments of absolute mediocrity. But it wasn't us messing up that made the match less then what it could have been, it was laid back, light hearted and performed under passivity. That's the best way I can explain it. For instance I was in the ring wrestling Collin, he had my arm, and he called for me to slam him. As I did, I stood over Collin mugging for the crowd, or lack there of as it were, and planning an awsome leg drop to pop the few people that were there. But, through clenched teeth and pretty good selling, Collin hissed at me to cover him. Now, like I said, I am working on my psychology, and am very happy with how it's coming along. It made absolutely no sense to cover Collin for the pin at that moment because we were in the ring for about 45 seconds. Maybe if I was a face and I was attempting to get a quick, clean win, but damn it, I am a heel! How dastardly does that look? But, since I am at least a consumate team player I covered him. Of course he kicked out, and I was left trying to reestablish myself as a heel again. But I learned a valuable lesson, when a mistake happens, and I can correct it, do so. I should have finished hamming, then dropped the leg drop, what was he gonna do, not take it?


Anyway, after a little more tussling around Collin got the tag to Bud and he proceeded to "Hulk up", my team storms the ring and it was a pier six brawl with Bud dropping each of us in succession. After the ring cleared, I got the upperhand on Bud for a second, then he reversed a headlock into a hammerlock and I was left stretching to make the tag. Of course I couldn't make it, as Bud did a good job of keeping me away from my corner, but after a few moments I had the opportunity to shoot Bud into the ropes and delivered the clothesline from hell. as I covered him, Collin came in to break up the pin attempt and bitch slapped me upside the head a little too much zealousness. While I jacked my jaws with Collin, Bud got up, I put him in a headlock and Collin calls over, rather loudly, for me to make a tag. At this moment I am starting to think someone pissed in Collins Wheaties because he seemed to be a little too cocky and pushy for my liking, and he broke the cardinal rule: Never let the crowd hear you communicate. So, if Collin wasn't going to respect tradition and try to make me look bad, what did I care? I dropped the headlock I had Bud in, casually turned to my corner and tagged in BBGF, leaving Bud standing there like WTF? Hey, don't blame me, blame Collin!


At that point Bud disapeared. I don't know where he went, other then assuming he didn't want no part in mine and Collins pissing contest, so he bailed. The finish was Malachi pulling the ref in front of a charging Elvis, which resulted in Elvis putting on the brakes, being distracted and getting schoolboyed by Malachi with the help of his feet on the bottom rope and a handful of tights.


My second match was with THRASH! For those of you who remember, the last three weeks have seen me and Thrash lock it up with him coming out on top the first two times. In week one I tried to wrestle scientifically while Thrash brawled, and I lost to him when I got gored by his nappy ass. Last week I brawled while he wrestled a scientic style wrestling match and I was happily kicking his tail from pillar to post when, once again, I succuumed to yet another gore. But today I had his number! As far as pretty wrestling goes, there was none of that. I honestly don't remember a legit wrestling hold the whole match. It was a brawl to the end, and the psychology? It was spot on!


The match started with A LOT of hamming it up for the masses not in attendance. Thrash started out by doing the old cupping of the ear, a la Hulk Hogan, to get a reaction from the crowd. Of course not to be outdone, I did it to prove I could and got hissed damn near out of the ring. After that tom foolery was over we locked it up. I pushed Thrash into the corner, and did not break, resulting in the referee coming between us to break us up. While the ref's head was down I slapped Thrash in the face. We locked up again, I pushed Thrash into the corner again, this time, when the ref tried to break us up, I slapped him rather hard in the belly, resulting in a loud THWACK sound. We locked it up a third time, this time he drove me into the corner, but broke it clean. We locked up for a fourth time and, huh? I broke it clean! "What?', you may be thinking? Well, when Thrash came out of the corner towards me I gave him a viscious knee to the midsection. Pretty good, huh? Oh, there was about another 12 minutes to go in the match.


At one point I threw his happy ass out of the ring and then proceeded to bash his skull into the apron. As the referee got to seven or so I rolled back into the ring, then back out to break the count. I rolled him back into the ring, but before I could get in myself he stomped me in the head, resulting in me falling back to the ground below. As I pulled myself back up, Thrash ran to the opposite ropes to pick up speed, and gave me a very well executed baseball slide to the face. It totally rocked!


Fast forward another minute and I was back in the ring and back into control. I was sitting atop his back, raising him up in a chin lock his hands and knees, at which time I would jump as high as my 270 lb lead ass would go and bring my self down onto his back thus driving him back down again. I did this twice, the third time he moved out of the way, resulting in me taking an ass bump and sitting there with a very pained expression on my face. Thrash then hit the ropes and charged, hitting me with a dropkick straight in the puss. It was beautiful.


We went back and forth brawling for the next few minutes when it happened. I was working his head in a particular viscious fashion when he snuck in an armdrag. I got up and he ddt'd me. Then he hit the ropes and I powerslammed his ass. After he kicked out I got up to yell at the ref, who was totally a mark for Thrash. As I turned, out of the blue, Thrash gave me a "GORE! GORE!! GORE!!!"


Now, if you remember, I was in the middle of working Thrash over good, and I just gave him a powerslam. So it took all Thrashes faculty's to execute the gore, and he was unable to cover me immediatly. A good 10 seconds or so and finally Thrash draped an arm over me and I kicked out at 2 and 9/10's. OK, it was time to bring the match home.


Thrash picked me up and threw me into the corner. He then went to the opposite corner and came barreling at me for a gore that would have finished me off, as I was in the turnbuckles and unable to fall back when the gore hit, thusly and most likely causing major internal injuries. So Thrash comes in and my momma didn't raise no dummy, I got the hell out of the way. After Thrash successfully gored the ringpost I dispatched the ref by clocking him until he hit the mat and kicked him all the way under the ropes. The damn biased prick! I then hit Thrash in the nuts and rolled him up, for which case a ref I had on my side came into the ring and counted 1-2-3. The third time is the charm!


There were actually several matches after that, but I was not in them. And there was a newbie in attendance, so he got a bunch of ringtime while some of the vets went over monkeys with him. Colonel DeBeers came over, congratulated me and AGAIN praised my bumps (It is my goal to be able to take the best bumps out of everyone, and so far I think I am succeeding!)


After the matches Buddy Rose called us all into the ring, it so happens that tomorrow is Thrashes Birthday, and in keeping with tradition, everyone get's a chance to deliver Birthday chops to the birthday boy! But Thrash, being slightly deranged, immediatly took his shirt off, assumed the position at a corner and we lined up to give him what amounts to a birthday spanking pro wrestling style! And he appeared to enjoy it!


Ok, before I close this out, I want to officially give out birthday kudos to both Thrash, and to one of my favorite Marty Jannetty Misfitz Mafia Carol:



Thrash, I want to tell you that I have enjoyed our battles in the ring! I feel that you bring out the best in me, and you are very easy to perform with. I sincerely hope that you have a wonderful year ahead of you! I look forward to working with you inthe future, as you are by far my favorite person to wrestle.



Carol. I have not known you very long, but in that time I come to view you as a very valuable MySpace friend! I like your sense of humour, the things you write in someone we both know but shall remain nameless to protect the guilty blog comments never fails to bring a smile to my face. I hope that you have a wonderful year ahead of you, and heres to many, many more, on account of you being 16....again!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH!

Ok, next week I am hoping to have some pictures of me in action. One of these day's I'll commandeer a video recorder so you guys can see me in real time, but until then, pics will have to do!

Later Gators,

~Chris

Currently listening :
Best of Schoolhouse Rock
By Various Artists
Release date: By 03 November, 1998

1:21 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005/2009 The Making Of A Wrestling GOD. All Rights Reserved.