Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Wrestling Training Recap 10/15...WITH PICS!

Wrestling Training Recap 10/15...WITH PICS!
Current mood: amused
Category: Jobs, Work, Careers

Ok, Kiddies, time for the long awaited blog post for the Wrestling Taining Recap and what I am at liberty to tell you about some shows on the horizon.

First of all, yesterday was one day for the bizaar. If Rod Serling was still alive I would have thought he was lurking around the shadows taking notes for another episode of the Twilite Zone.

So, me and the big guy (Rick, my best friend and the one I drafted to come snap the pictures I am to post today) get up to Portland to the gym and we arrive about 10 minutes early. Now please remember that this is in the Pacific Northwest, so needless to say it was raining, and very very cold outside. Everyone shows up directly, and the keeper of the key is late. Very late. I mean superduper late. How late?

Class starts at 9 am. At 10:30 the locksmith Buddy Rose called finally arrived and "let us"in.

And this was just the beginning!

You all know, because I told you, that a promoter was to be in attendance, and he actually showed up! So this wasn't a typical day from the get go, I guess there is a lot in the plans, so we only had token wrestling going on, between being called away for promo pictures for fliers, and the media guy who shot some spots for some commercials to be aired to hype the upcoming show/shows. I don't know if the promoter has just a series of shows in mind, or wants to start a regular fed, but this first shindig is to be a test show, and I guess we'll take it from there.

However...

I got saddled with the name "Fast Eddie Falco". And I hate it, but why that name of all names, you may all be thinking? Well, because I guess the promoter is the one with the money, and if he say's that your name is Fast Eddie Falco, you're Fast Eddie. Oh, yeah, here is a picture of Fast Eddie Falco, look long and hard because after this series of shows FEF is retiring!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I guess you can all see that I am to be portraying a burgeler. If I spelled that right, a thief. Oh, and my tag partner (I forgot to mention that, huh?) is Cameron Star, only he was rechristianed my brother...Kirby!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Where did our heads go, you might ask? Ask Rick, I don't know he was thinking! Other then oops that is. There was another one of us taken, but I will spare you the picture of Me and,errr, Kirby posing shirtless with leather jackets (Borrowed from someone about three sizes smaller then us) because, believe me, you guys are not ready for my pudge quite yet. Damn I got to hit the gym...and SOON!

BTW...Do you guys prefer me bearded up like in my profile pic, or clean shaven like Fast Eddie? I prefer the beard, it helps disguise my double chin. Oh, yes, I got one as you guys will soon see.

And, in between the promo's...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was actually taken whilst we was waiting for the promoter. But I didn't really wrestle any matches as it was primarily a media day.

And when I wasn't posing for pics with bad visuals to be portayed on fliers, I found time to pull Buddy Rose and Colonel DeBeers aside for this:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Ok. As alluded to above, we shot some tv spots and me and Kirby/Cameron were somewhat of a hit. First of all I must explain that Cameron is actually an accomplished wrestler. He works most every weekend and is a lot better a worker then I am, both in the ring and in cutting promos. So who do you think would have as the speaker, and who would be the strong silent type? Nope, if you guessed Cameron, you would be mistaken. I was handed a mic, told what to say, with my own touch of poetic license thrown in of course, and the next thing I know we were rolling film.

And I couldn't get it. I mean, really. This is what I was SUPPOSED to say:

"OCTOBER 28TH. BURNS, OREGON, AT BURNS HIGH SCHOOL. GWPW (GLOBAL WORLD PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING) WILL NEVER BE THE SAME WHEN ME, FAST EDDIE FALCO, AND MY BROTHER KIRBY HERE COME TO TOWN TO STEAL THE SHOW! SO LOCK UP YOUR TVS! LOCK UP YOUR BIKES, LOCK UP EVERYTHING YOU HOLD DEAR, BECAUSE IF ME AND KIRBY DON'T SEE YOU AT BURNS HIGH SCHOOL WE'LL BE AT YOUR HOUSE LIKE THIEFS IN THE NIGHT AND PULL YOU IDIOTS OUT OF BED! GOT THAT? BURNS HIGH SCHOOL. BURNS OREGON. GWPW. OCTOBER 28TH. YOU BETTER BE THERE!"

But it went more like this"

"BOURNE, OREGON..."

"Cut!" Oops. Take 2.

"BURNS, OREGON, OCT 28TH. GPWW..."

"Cut!" Oops again. Take 3.

Take 4

Take 5

You see where this is going, right?

Then it happened. Kirby, my new brother, got tired of playing the strong silent type and took to whispering my lines to me. But he was obvious, and they loved it. Do you see the irony in it all? Fast Eddie Falco, Pillsbury Dough Boy Fast Eddie Falco. Pillsbury Dough Boy who can't remember a damn thing Fast Eddie Falco. Kind of an Oxymoron enigma. Everyone in attendance cheered when we finished it because I guess it was funny. It was like a John Waters movie so bad it was good kinda thing. That was what I was told by the way.

I wish I had more pics for you guys, but click happy Rick was snapping pictures of everyone and their mothers so the camera filled up rather quickly. However he kinda likes the idea of being TGO's media guy, so he will be on hand to snap many more for the future. In fact he said something about busting out his video camera and editing stuff so there shall be video accomponiments real soon.

Until next week...

~TGO

Currently watching :
Welcome Back, Kotter (Television Favorites Compilation)
Release date: By 28 February, 2006

11:43 PM - 12 Comments - 8 Kudos - Add Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005/2009 The Making Of A Wrestling GOD. All Rights Reserved.