Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, February 06, 2006

Class Update for 02-05-06

I had a wonderful time at class yesterday (as I write this). If you remember last weeks entry, I was plagued by nothing going right at all, I couldn't do even the most basic of moves without really screwing it up. But this week was every bit as good as last weeks was bad. That doesn't mean every single thing I did turned out as best it possibly could, there is still a lot of room for improvement, but everything seem to flow better. I was hitting most of my spots, I was able to think and keep up with three and four moves ahead. I was more relaxed and receptive to what each move feels like when done right. I am pretty happy with myself, I am starting to "get it".

Now, with that being said, there was no Idaho promoter. I don't know what happened, but he surely wasn't there. It's not like I was looking to getting signed, I am still far and away nowhere near ready for full time employment as a wrestler in a bonafide promotion, it just would have been neat to make a future contact. But then again, if you think about it, it's for the best, you probably don't want any future employers seeing you BEFORE you are your absolute best.

Yesterday I started out wrestling Thrash (WAPW wrestler bios) in a monkey duel drill, and I kept up pretty good. I didn't miss any spots, my bumps were impressive, and a few moves I called turned out dead on. I think out of everyone, I like to wrestle Thrash the best. For me he is just easier to work with. That's not taking anything away from Shay, Quiz or any one of the other guys, it's just that I find Thrashes style a bit more comfortable.

Secondly I wrestled some kid that I can never remember his name! But he is quite a bit smaller then me, but he's really good. When I wrestle someone smaller, it gives me a chance to practice my strength moves. It worked out pretty good. He totally put me over after I gave him a sidewalk slam off the ropes, and when I was pinning him I kept bipping his nose, maybe the start of a new gimmick? When I was working his back by stretching him across my knee I was giving him the ole' Chinese torture. I couldn't resist!

We finished up class with our typical battle royal, but this time it was not an over the top rope elimination, you had to get pinned. I was to be the second to the last eliminated, but Crazy Nate, J-Sin and Thrash, who were sitting out the match, staged a run in, and I was eliminated when Crazy Nate sucker punched me from behind, followed by a splash from Thrash, and finished off by a leg drop from the 6'4, 330 lb J-Sin. All three of them then covered me for the pin. So I got totally screwed! But that's ok, I get to see them next week, where I get to brag to them that it took all three of them to take me out!

1 Comments:

Blogger Larry Green said...

Hey this is Larry over at My Time, My Way. You left me a comment so I checked out your site. So far I like it. You're way ahead of mine! So you're training to wrestle? I think that's great. It's something I wish I'd had the guts to at least try when I was younger. Please visit again and I'll keep an eye on your site.

Larry

Tue Feb 07, 06:39:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005/2009 The Making Of A Wrestling GOD. All Rights Reserved.