Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, February 03, 2006

Blog Update

I first want to say thank you for all the wonderful emails and comments that I have been receiving. It feels great that all you are supporting me as I go through this process! I have been given some excellent advice from some of you and I have taken great attempts at following it whenever I could. Here are some of the suggestions I have received:

Frank Pozen (Franks Big Bad Blog) had some suggestions on clarification. That is how to explain myself and what am I doing. For instance why do I have a blog? Well, my blog is an attempt at several things. First and foremost it's motivation. It is quite hard on your body doing what I do, and I don't have the thought of a paycheck in my immediate future to give me the motivation to let big guys practice violence against me. If I have a lot of people pulling for me then it is a lot easier to get out of bed and drive the 100 miles or so to school knowing what's in store for me. I am a very loyal person, and it is impossible for me to give up on the people pulling for me, even when I would consider giving up on myself. Secondly it's self promotion. If this takes off then I should be able to get at least one promoter interested in me. Even a very good athlete has his competition, and open slots in the wrestling world are few and far between. Some other questions posed by Frank:
  1. what's it like? Well, it's a lot of things. It's my dream. It's my hopes. It's my pain. It's my DRIVE. Physically it's hard, but it's a lot of fun as well. I just wish I started on this ten years ago!
  2. Who's training me? Some of the best that the "old school" has to offer. Playboy Buddy Rose and Colonel DeBeers have wrestled the likes of Andre The Giant, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan and SGT Slaughter. And for you wrestling historians; Buddy Rose wrestled in the very first match at the very first Wrestlemania against Tito Santana. He wore a mask and wrestled as the Executioner.
  3. What about my fellow students? Some of my fellow students are very, very good. There's Thrash, who's built a lot like me who can take the best bumps of any other student I have seen there. I shouldn't call him a student though as he has already wrestled and been paid; the hallmark that makes you an actual pro. There's Quiz who reminds me a lot in looks to Booker T but who wrestles sort of like Rob Van Dam. Shay has a unique look, I call it Hollywood. Without asking him his ethnicity it looks like he may have some Asian or Polynesian, and he wrestles like a good technician. Our smaller guys like Bud Barber and James Freeman do some stuff that would make any Luche Libre proud. I would not be surprised to see some of these guys really hit the big time. Check out the WAPW website for more wrestler bios. Also a clip of our students in action can be found on this blog in the "Holiday Wishes with a Wrestling Flair" post.
My friend Kyle (One Red Paperclip) said I should change the layout, use a smaller font and lose the "Bravenet Crap". Well, I decided on the font to use, I lost Bravenet (I was trying to set up traffic exchange, more on that later) and as for the layout, I am computer illiterate. I have been trying to put a favorite links section on my sidebar but it won't let me. I put the html code where it told me to and it didn't work, anyone with the knowledge, please let me know.

My man Perkoff! (lariato.blogspot.com/) So far he has been, oh, the most excited for me? His site is phenomenal as he has stats down to Nielson Ratings and I am not sure but what looks like PPV buy rates. And his wrestling commentary is great too! He's from Sweden, according to him "The land without a wrestling scene." So I plan on sending him the tape of my wrestling matches. I'll have it autographed by Buddy Rose and Colonel DeBeers so then it might be worth something!

There are many, many more people that deserve mention here, but I need to close this out so as not to run to terribly long. I'll be sure to include more of you in future posts. Please keep the ideas and the feedback coming, I really appreciate it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if you trust me well enough to let me edit your blog, I can put links up for you. Or I can just give you the code and tell you were to put it.

Sat Feb 04, 03:21:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read your blog....was hoping to here more on your g\f lol Most wrestlers have really HOT,busty g\f's althou I cant immagine how someone who works with pigs could possibly land such a chick. The one u breifly describbed sounds HOT to me!!! tell us more she's worth the reading of your blog

Sat Feb 04, 12:09:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005/2009 The Making Of A Wrestling GOD. All Rights Reserved.