Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I am SO SICK...


Late last night I started to feel a twinge in my back. It wasn't real painful, and at first I thought it was just a delayed reaction from one too many body slams in class last Sunday. However, during the night, the pain kept getting worse and worse until I couldn't lay down on the bed anymore. I could only breathe a partial breath, if I tried to suck in too much air then a sharp pain would shoot through by chest, literally taking my breath away. Well, this happened one time before, last December I was diagnosed with pneumonia, and I KNEW that I had gotten it again. So, following a session of coughing a little fleck of blood every now and then, I went on into the Doctors. At first they always have to check for a blood clot in your lungs, as that is life threatening, but after all the pomp and circumstance I was told that yes, Chris, you have pneumonia AGAIN. So, I was handed a couple prescriptions (Albuterol, Oxycodone and Zithromax) and clearly advised that I should not wrestle for at least two weeks since I have a severely injured lung. It is likely, according to the good Doctor, that I could collapse my lung, or even puncture it while it is in it's delicate state. So now I have a decision to make. On one hand I am not getting paid for class, so I am not letting any fans down. On the other, it is hard to explain. Wrestling, it's a sickness itself when it gets into your blood. Worse case scenario is I would have to go to the hospital and get my lung reinflated. Or, I can sit out the time and pickup where I left off. Which is hard to do, in a couple of weeks you can accumilate quite a bit of ring rust. So, please leave your comments and tell me your opinion. Should I chance it? Should I take my doctors advise? Either way it is Wednesday night as I write this, and I need to make a decision by Friday evening so I can give Playboy Buddy Rose plenty of notice. Your advise is very important to me, so if you want to have a voice in this, then leave a comment.

~~~Great One~~~

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennette Marie Powell said...

Please tell us you don't smoke! My dear mother-in-law died at age 61 from pneumonia/emphysema/chronic pulmonary disease because she would not quit smoking. The last two years of her life she couldn't walk across a room without stopping to gasp for breath (yes, she was on oxygen). If you do smoke, quit! My husband did, after smoking for 25 years. If he could quit, anyone can - he owns & works in a bar!

Take care, and yes, take those two weeks off - it's not worth making things worse.

Thu Feb 09, 07:08:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be stupid to hazardize your life and wrestling career this early on. Take some time off to get better. Work out until you can wrestle again and watch a lot of tapes and work on your gimmick and look.

Thu Feb 09, 09:10:00 AM PST  
Blogger Larry Green said...

Follow your doctor's advise. Wrestling will be there when you get back.

Fri Feb 10, 06:38:00 AM PST  
Blogger Arthur said...

Hey, just take care of health bro! Just relax a bit and have fun. :)

Fri Feb 10, 09:27:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005/2009 The Making Of A Wrestling GOD. All Rights Reserved.