Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, February 10, 2006

Thank GOD for antibiotics!

I would like to thank everyone who has passed on their well wishes and cheer to me these past few days. It makes me feel good that there are people out there who, first of all, take the time to follow along with my progress in the wrestling world on a regular basis, and secondly who take the time to tell me how stupid it is to actually think of not taking a couple weeks off to get better from my pneumonia! Since the masses have spoken, I am taking the next two weeks off to recuperate. All I have to say is thank you all, and thank GOD for antibiotics!

The kind of pneumonia I have is a bacterial kind, though I am not sure how a pneumonia bacteria gets into your body in the first place, and that's not to be confused with the viral type. I don't know which is worse, but I do know the bacterial sucks. Last December you may remember I didn't do anything with my blog as I had a good bout with pneumonia, so I didn't do much of anything. This go around, however, I caught it much earlier so with this last dose of antibiotics I already feel almost normal. However, that doesn't mean I am normal (My girl friend will tell you I am and always have been far from "normal", that's just part of my charm), but where I made the mistake last time is I took the antibiotic, Zithromax, only until I did feel better. My doctor told me this time that I need to take ALL the pills until they are gone as all I did last time was knock the bacteria down a notch without killing it off so it laid dormant, only to rear its ugly head again. So I am taking all the pills, though I did forgo the Oxycodone, as I hate the drugged up feeling it gives me and I would much rather deal with the pain. However, I did not follow the doctors advice to the letter, as a day after I got out of the doctors office I was outside scrubbing piggy bowls and powerwashing carpets and hacking up blood the whole day. Sick or not, chores still have to be done around here.

On the wrestling scene, don't look forward to Rey Mysterio to headline Wrestlemania for a world title shot, word has it that it wasn't the intention of Rey to challenge for the belt in the first place. It is not set in stone, as everything in wrestling can and does change in a second, but as of right now Rey will lose his match with Randy Orton at the PPV, therefore forgoing his Wrestlemania title shot. His winning the Royal Rumble was meant to usher in a bigger angle with Randy Orton playing the bad guy in exploiting Eddie Guerreros death, speaking of which...

I AM PISSED! I think that keeping Eddies name alive in Smackdown it's a great tribute to Eddie, however I echo Mick Foleys thought in this Weeks FOLEY IS BLOG on WWE.com. However it was a slap in the face to Eddies legacy, his family and every wrestler who laces his boots in the back to use Eddie's death in a way to further a storyline. For those of you who did not catch last weeks Smackdown, Randy Orton ran in on Reys ring celebration for winning the Royal Rumble where he was thanking Eddie for the inspiration he got to win the thing. Randy told Rey that he could stop looking to the heavens when talking to Eddie, because Eddie was in hell, which infuriated Rey and kicked off this new feud they have by Rey attacking Randy. Now, as far as Randy is concerned, it was an obvious work, but Randy, man, you are too good, too talented to have to resort to such cheap heat. Why? I am a huge fan of yours and you can get it done out there without that BS. And Rey, how can you allow yourself to be used in that fashion? I would have walked in the back after that segment and had a long talk with the powers that be and let it be known that you do not and will not allow yourself to be trapped in such an angle that has so much bad taste you will never get it out of your mouth! Think of Eddies wife Vicki, and her kids. Think of Eddies family and the legacy the Guerreros have given to the wrestling world in over 70 years in the industry. Most importantly, think if it was YOU that had passed , and it was being done to you. Even if Eddie wouldn't have minded, you have to think of his family. I KNOW it has to hurt them. It hurt me, and I am just some ham and egger wannabe who never got the privlidge to get to know the man. That's all I got to say about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005/2009 The Making Of A Wrestling GOD. All Rights Reserved.