Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, October 27, 2006

Random Observations and Much Deserved Kudos

Friday, October 27, 2006

Random Observations and Much Deserved Kudos
Current mood: contemplative

Hello folks!

Ok. I don't know why, but I have a wierd compulsion to write this. I shouldn't be. There are about 97 different things I should be doing right now, 94 of them legal enterprises, but for some strange reason...I sit here at the computer about to address you all.

You deserve it.

So, this is going to be, by far, such a mess of a blog that it will be Seinfeldish (Self described show about nothing) of GINORMOUS proportions. Kudos, observations and over all gibberish.

So, without further adiu, if I spelled that right, let's get to it, shall we?

OBSERVATION:

Why can't a person who is a fan of, oh, let's say professional wrestling, commonly referred to as a mark, when they are so fortunate to be let into the personal inner circle of a wrestler they mark out for, make the transition from a mark to a friend? Heres the difference: a mark cheers, pants over, ogles and whorships the ground the intended "victim" walks on. A "friend" of said wrestler will understand that hey, he (or she) is just a person, too. A human being who happens to have a job entertaining you, and who does it well. They are no better then you, have friends and family and LIVES, just like you. They have their problems just like you. The only difference is, their world is just a bit more expanded then yours. More people know their names. More people are vying for their attention. So it goes without saying that they must spread themselves out more thinly to cover more bases and more people then you do. Let's say you have 10 close, personal friends. The wrestler happens to have THOUSANDS. People he don't know and their brother even, as friends. It is patently absurd to expect, or even entertain the idea of getting a personal response to each and every contact you try to make to him. GET REAL PEOPLE!

Kudo:

Marty Jannetty, your friendship and guidance has meant more to me then you will ever know. I think we share enough in common to see where the other person is coming from, and it tickles me to death you allow me to offer you advise about your blogs! Somehow you saw fit to nominate me Speaker of the House...of Misfitz, a role I both get a chuckle from, but still take somewhat seriously. I will always look out for you brotherman, that's a promise. Thank you for being my friend.

Kudo:

My dear Addicus-san! I have so enjoyed out verbal jousts, and, without busting you out here on this blog, I know where you are coming from. I wish you the best of luck in your life, and I hope your pending marraige is filled with all the love and security that you and your children deserve. Thank you for allowing me to "help keep you in check." I will always be your "Bro007!"

Ok, time to take a break and do the dishes.

***INTERMISSION***

OBSERVATION:

The death of regional territories on the wrestling circuit.

It pains me to no end that I live in a literal historical hotbed of Pro Wrestling. PNW was "the sh*t" at one time. Don Owen and his promotion gave rise to Jesse Ventura, Dutch Savage, Buddy Rose, Jimmy Snuka, was the home of Roddy Piper. Sadly it is all gone now. Except for an occasional show here and there, this place is dead. And that makes it hard on guys like me, young up and comers. You can train, as I am with Playboy Buddy Rose and Colonel DeBeers, no better training to be found anywhere, but you can only go so far. You need in ring experience in front of crowds. I can't BUY my way onto a card, anywhere. And if I was to travel to a show, it's not like I would make enough to at least pay for the trip, which I would gladly do. You all think I am kidding when I address any and all wrestling promoters "WILL WORK FOR FOOD...AND TRANS", but I am dead serious. Hell, I'll even starve if I could only get the trans paid, and gladly so. And if it was in reasonable driving distance I would foot the trans bill too. My pay would be in experience, but thus far no one has bit.

That is why I am such a fan in my good friend Gordo, the Wizard of Id! Through him and his exciting recaps of the hotbed of Indie pro Wrestling that is the greater Ontario region I get to live vicariously through him! And it makes my heart proud that someplace, somewhere, indie wrestling is not dead, but flourishing!

KUDOS:

Gordo, your words of support and your very well done wrestling recaps give me something to work towards. I am so honored that you take the time to follow me, as I am a unproven commodity in this game. I can only promise to give em hell out there, but If I am going to make it, you will be a big reason why. I know this. Thank you for being there.

HSTeach A/K/A Mike, Your success is my success Mike! We are both wrestling fans, where I choose to wrestle as a way to participate, you choose to promote, which is by far a tougher row to hoe. And doing it very well. Your BSE shows are quickly becoming the stuff of legend, and with your continued success I draw amazing strength that if you can succeed, I can too. And it is my goal to someday wrestle on a card that you are promoting! Thank you for being my friend.

Charminator! As written above, your flefgling work in participating and promoting is offering me some of the same encouragment. You have been with me since day one, so when I say to people when I make it, you make it too, it applies to you more so then everyone else. Thanks for being my "fan" way before I need any.

Big "D" A/K/A Wilma A/K/A Sandy, You, my dear, are absolutley AWSOME! You allow me to cut up and be silly when the world is getting me down. I never explained to you my troubles, and you are such a good friend that you never asked. You accept me for me, good and bad, and that speaks more to me then anything ever could. I enjoy our "PARTAS" (Yes, I meant to spell it Partas) they truly put a smile on my face whenever you let me know how much fun I had at them! (For those of you who don't understand, oh well, she knows what I mean and that's what counts). And for allowing me to bring the ripple and spyke the punch.

OBSERVATION:

Man, are we in trouble. With no way out of Iraq in the forseeable future, a pussyfooting government that is too afraid to step on any toes to get the job done, to N. Korea Madness and Iran Nuclear Pipe Dreams, we are, indeed, in some dangerous times. So, whether you agree with the "war" or not, support the troops. They didn't ask to be sent there, but since they are, they are fighting for us and deserve all the help, support and love that we can give them.

KUDOS

Marc Ferrari. I especially enjoy your rants. Don't get me wrong my friend, your wrestling career is fascinating to me, and I am forever thankful that you are blazing the way for ham ~n~ eggers such as myself, but I love reading your personal thoughts on the world in general. You don't know me from Adam, but we agree on tons of points in the world as a whole, and where we disagree we can do that with respect for the other. It would be an extreme honor to meet someday and talk over world domination over coffee sometime. I'll bring my preferred card from Starbucks and we'll sit, talk and dish, dish, dish!

MARC FERRARI FOR PRESIDENT!

Ok, that's enough for now. I have to do some laundery anyway, and get to the girlies where there is a bad situation I am not at liberty to tell you all of. Oh, don't worry, me and the girlies fine, there is a medical ordeal within the family.

For those of you not mentioned, only the sheer time it takes and the size of this blog precludes you from being mentioned. All the well wishes and comments and overall good vibes touch me in the heart each and every day, and I am so thankful to you all for doing it. You guys mean alot, and I promise that I will pay you all back by doing what I am doing in making it in wrestling, and WE will all make it together!

~Chris

Currently listening :
You'll Never Walk Alone
By Elvis Presley
Release date: By 26 September, 2006

12:04 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2005/2009 The Making Of A Wrestling GOD. All Rights Reserved.